With just hours to go before our 36th annual I-75 League draft, the managers in attendance in Kissimmee came up with this consensus mock draft.
1. Chatfield: 1B Jose Abreu. Best player available.
2. Michigan: 3B/OF Josh Harrison. Because manager Ken Crawford is a big Beatles fan.
3. Hickory: P Masahiro Tanaka. Best upside.
4. Superior: SS/CF Danny Santana. Fills two needs.
5. Springfield: 1B Steve Pearce. The lock of the draft.
6. Destin: OF J.D. Martinez. Club needs offense.
7. Chatfield: P Jake Arrieta. The rebuilding begins. Needs pitching desperately.
8. Applegate: OF Joc Pedersen. Best non-pitching prospect.
9. Bushwood: OF George Springer. Great power vs. righties.
10. Chatfield: P Carlos Carrasco. The rebuilding continues. Still needs pitching desperately.
11. Margaritaville: OF Gregory Polanco. Prospecting.
12. Margaritaville: OF Jorge Soler. More prospecting.
13. Bismarck: RP Dellin Betances. Best available.
14. South Grand Prairie: SP Collin McHugh. Desperate for starting pitching.
15. Chatfield: P Jacob deGrom. All of a sudden Chatfield is back in contention after three stud pitchers and the best available hitter in one round. And the Choos own pick No. 16 too.
Filed under: 2015 season, Convention, Draft | Tagged: I-75 Strat-O-Matic League, Strat-O-Matic, Strat-O-Matic baseball | Leave a comment »