With 15 wins in October play, the Margaritaville Volcanoes secured the North Division title, the best record in the league and a franchise-record 109 wins.
UDPATE, 11/9: Margaritaville forfeited one win over Applegate for using starting pitcher Cory Luebke on short rest, giving it 108 wins.
John Gridlock’s club earns a first-round bye, so long from Bush — er, along with Bushwood, which won the West with 105.
Wisconsin is the South Division champ, but with 92 wins will have to fight its way through one more round of playoffs than the other two division champs.
Pending verification of all final stats and resolution of penalities if any, the tentative playoff round looks like this for 2013:
* No. 3 seed Wisconsin (South champ at 92-68) hosts No. 6 seed Savannah (87-73). Winner advances to face No. 2 seed Bushwood (West champ at 105-55).
* No. 4 seed Superior (93-67) hosts No. 5 seed Bismarck (92-68). Winner advances to face No. 1 seed Margaritaville (North champ at 108-52).
The non-playoff teams line up like this. Remember that we now have a weighted draft order, giving the three worst teams the best shot mathematically at top three draft picks. After the first three teams are chosen, places 4-9 are awarded to the non-playoff teams in order of highest winning percentage. Then picks 10-15 are awarded to playoff teams in order of lowest winning percentage. Stay tuned for details on how the weighted draft order results will be unveiled.
UPDATE, 11/9: Picks below reflect odds of gaining the overall No. 1 pick and Hickory/Applegate are now tied for the lowest odds.
1/2. Hickory/Applegate, 82 wins each, 1 or 2 percent chance of the No. 1 pick.
3. Springfield, 75 wins, 4 percent chance.
4. Michigan, 69 wins, 6 percent chance.
5/6. Iowa/Satellite Beach, 67 wins each (tie to be resolved), 9 or 13 percent chance.
7. South Grand Prairie, 64 wins, 17 percent chance of a Top 3 pick.
8. English, 62 wins, 22 percent chance of a Top 3 pick.
9. Chatfield, 55 wins, 27 percent chance of a Top 3 pick.
Filed under: 2013 season, Playoffs | Tagged: I-75 Strat-O-Matic League, Strat-O-Matic, Strat-O-Matic baseball | 2 Comments »